25 November 2008

To unpack or not to unpack......?

Addendum to the last post about the new house....
Seems as though the cold water situation was not due to my lack of planning! Yay me! After quite a few handy fellas looked at it, an actual plumber needed to spend a few hours under the house rerouting some water lines and uncrossing hot/cold lines. It all seemed quite dire until he finished and presented us with a very small bill. We now have scalding hot water and I've never been so happy to take a shower!
Most everything else has been going smoothly. We ordered our gas stove and it will be delivered Wednesday.....just in time to cook Thanksgiving dinner :) We have so many boxes the house looks a bit like a maze, but I did get the couches cleared off so we can lounge as needed. My cat seems to be calming down somewhat. Those of you who know me also know my cat is a tad neurotic. There is still a load of "stuff" at David's that needs to be magically transported to the house in the near future.....anyone volunteering? Nearly every inch of the house needs some sort of weatherstripping/sealant/caulk and it's getting colder, so we'll have to address that pretty quickly. Otherwise, we're looking good.
I have to thank James and Fairlle for bringing a movie and their great company last night. We wanted to relax a little and they kindly provided much needed entertainment. I hope everyone who helped us move (ahem...broke their backs) knows how much they are appreciated. We know we have the best friends and family! Thank you so much!
Now.....to unpack before Thanksgiving so the pictures look perfect? Naw! Good food with people we love will be just fine. Who cares if we use paper plates and sit on the couch?!

No comments: